Workshop – Finance for Non-finance
- December 2 - January 3, 2019
- 4 PM to 9 PM | Coffee breaks and business snacks will be available
- Hilton Hotel, Westbay Doha - Qatar |QAR 1,500 for registrations before 25 Nov QAR 2,000 for registrations after 25 Nov
- 4447 0915 - 5018 2818
Ready to enhance your finance skills and challenge the financial reports you receive from your team?
We understand the critical importance of time in business today and are pleased to offer a two-day interactive workshop that allows you to enrich your financial knowledge.
BusinessBOX is proud to introduce a live interactive workshop that covers essential topics in accounting and finance.
This workshop is suitable for all professionals with no finance background. It is designed to teach you everything from the bottom up. This workshop will also reduce the gap between finance professionals and top management.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Accounting and finance fundamentals
- Reading financial statements
- Introduction to corporate finance
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Confidence, knowledge and skills of essential finance
- Will guide you through the accounting process, exploring the layout of the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Use a published set of financial statements and annual report to understand the financial strength of a company and help you to make informed decisions.
- Will give an overview of all the key concepts you need for a high-powered decision making in investment banking, equity research, private equity, corporate development, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), treasury, and much more.
- This workshop incorporates case studies & examples of fraud
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All professionals with no finance background who are keen to understand accounting and finance terms to promote better reporting in their entities.
DAY 1 – Accounting and corporate finance fundamentals
- Explain the format of the income statement and balance sheet
- Define various financial statement terms (e.g. accounts receivable, prepayments, etc.)
- Financial statement transactions (e.g. invoicing, raising equity, buying inventory, etc.)
- Prepare a simple income statement and balance sheet
- Outline the format of the cash flow statement
- Explain the difference between profit and cash
- Prepare a simple cash flow statement using the balance sheet and income statement
- Who are the key players in the capital markets
- What do the capital raising process looks like
- The main business valuation techniques
- Types of valuation multiples
- How to structure a deal
- How to finance an acquisition
- Types of debt securities
- Types of equity securities
DAY 2 – Reading financial statements and case studies
- Navigate successfully through the notes to the financial statements
- Read and interpret the various items in a published balance sheet
- Discuss complex balance sheet concepts (e.g. goodwill, investments, etc.)
- Explain the different ways to present an income statement and cash flow statement
- Read and interpret the various items in a published income statement
- Identify the operating, financing, and investing activities of a company
- Determine what’s contained in an annual report and where to find it
- Analyze financial statements using different ratios
- Reading financial charts and graphs
- Examples of real life fraud incidents and case studies
Amin Chaar – Managing Partner & Founder of BusinessBOX. Years of diversified experience in the fields of finance, audit and accounts. Amin holds the following credentials: CPA, CMA, CFE, CSX, CICA, and he is also certified in Financial Modeling and Valuation Analysis (FMVA).